What To Do in Breck: What's Open
If you're seeking to get away from it all, Breckenridge offers one of the most fun and safe vacation options, located in the serene Colorado Rocky Mountains. With wide open spaces, fresh mountain air and plenty of activities that allow for physical distancing and connecting to nature away from the crowds, Breck is your perfect escape summer, fall, winter or spring.
Beaver Run is COMMITTED TO YOUR SAFETY with enhanced safety, operational and cleaning COVID-19 protocols to welcome you back.
To help you plan your trip, here's an updated list of what's open and what activities and adventures are available in Breckenridge. Please check back often and make sure to check updates from the Town of Breckenridge and Summit County.
** Summit County is now in LEVEL ORANGE which permits personal gatherings of up to 10 people from a maximum of 2 households and loosens restrictions for dining, retail and other businesses. Learn more.
** Even if you are vaccinated you still must follow all local COVID protocols and guidelines. **
COVID-19 NEWS SKI SEASON INFO
INFO FOR YOUR STAY
What to Know for Your Stay
Breckenridge is in LEVEL YELLOW on the COVID dial, which permits personal gatherings of up to 10 people from a maximum of 2 households and loosens restrictions on dining, retail and other businesses.LEARN MORE!
Beaver Run was recently certified as a 5-Star business, which means we're adhering to additional safety protocols and have been inspected.
PUBLIC HEALTH ORDERS: Know before you go. Check the current public health orders to know what's required, what's open and what to expect.
- You may have up to 10 people from a maximum of 2 households in your lodging rental unit. If you have more than 2 households or more than 10 people, please contact us at 800-525-2253 to book additional rooms to comply with the public health orders or to make other arrangements. We will gladly provide a discount for your additional bookings
- MASKS and facial coverings are REQUIRED in the Town of Breckenridge. You must wear a mask or facial covering anytime you're in a public space or in the core of downtown.
- CASHLESS: Beaver Run is going CASHLESS for your safety and ours. Use your credit and debit cards or a contactless payment like Apple Pay. Contactless payment is a safer and faster way to pay.
- PARKING in downtown Breckenridge is limited. If you're staying at Beaver Run, you will be assigned at least one parking space in the paid parking lot or garage. There is paid outdoor parking at Beaver Run and there are paid lots in town. Please note: parking in downtown Breckenridge is paid parking.
- RESTAURANTS. Under LEVEL YELLOW: restaurants may now operate indoor dining at a 50% capacity. Seating is limited - Plan ahead! We highly recommend you make reservations for Breckenridge restaurants. And, bars that don't serve food are not allowed to be open in the State of Colorado right now.
- TRANSPORTATION: The Breckenridge Freeride Bus system is operating at a reduced capacity. Check here for the routes and schedules. The bus service is FREE (and Beaver Run is on the gray Southside route). NOTE: The Beaver Run resort shuttle is running on a limited schedule.
- GROCERY SHOPPING: Plan ahead. Pre-order your groceries from our concierge (email@example.com). Or, if you're driving, pre-shop at Denver or elsewhere before arriving in Breckenridge. Our grocery stores have capacity limits. If you must shop in town, you'll be asked to limit the number of people shopping in the store.
QUESTIONS: If you have any questions or need anything, contact our guest services team at 970-453-6000. We're happy to help answer any question or help with anything!
What's Open at Beaver Run
THE SPA AT BEAVER RUN
- The Spa at Beaver Run is open for massage treatments and facials DAILY | 9am-7pm The spa has enhanced safety protocols and procedures to ensure your safety and wellbeing.
WHERE TO EAT AT BEAVER RUN: WHAT'S OPEN:
- Skywalk Deli & Market: Grab & go breakfast, lunch & dinner, plus groceries & gifts | DAILY | 7am - 8 pm
- Coppertop Cafeteria and BBQ and Shot Bar: DAILY | 11 am - 3 pm
- Spencer's TAKE-OUT ONLY: DAILY from 5pm - 8:30pm
- Pub at the Hub: WEEKENDS Fri-Sun from 3- 8 pm
- Bar Nine: WEEKENDS Fri-Sun from - 3-9 pm
Here's a list of Amenities at Beaver Run Resort
Pools and Hot Tubs
- Building 3 pool and hot tubs: 9 am - 9 pm daily
- Building 4 pool and hot tub: 10 am - 9 pm daily
- Maximum occupancy is 25%.for the pools
- Only 2 households per hot tub with occupancy limits in effect
Fitness center in Building 3
- 6 am - 9 pm daily
- Max occupancy is 25% capacity
- Guests must clean all equipment before and after use. And must make a reservation in advance.
The Spa at Beaver Run
- Open every day except Tuesdays for massages. facials and other treatments.
- Reservations required: https://www.beaverrun.com/breckenridge-spa-resort
- The arcade and indoor miniature golf are open with capacity limits. Must sanitize before & after use.
- Located in the Lobby (limited hours) - owned by Breckenridge Ski Resort
Beaver Run's FREE shuttle
- Operating on a limited schedule (from Beaver Run to the transit center) - 8 am to 10:30 pm
- Reduced capacity per the local public health order
- Dial "0" for availability
- The Breck FREERIDE bus is also operating for the winter season.
- Pools and Hot Tubs
- Many amenities and services will be limited or closed per local public health orders. Please check with us in advance of your stay on what's open. Due to COVID-19 public health orders, this information is constantly changing.
- The tennis court and pickeball are closed for the winter
- The steam room and sauna are closed due to public health orders
- All summer amenities are closed for the WINTER season
STAY SAFE INFO FOR YOUR STAY
What's Open in BreckenridgeThe Town of Breckenridge has compiled a list of COVID resources and updates. Here's a list of activities, restaurants, shops, spas and other businesses that are open in the Town of Breckenridge:
WHAT'S OPEN IN TOWN
SKI SEASON INFO
What to Pack
- A mask or facial covering. The Town of Breckenridge requires everyone to wear a mask or facial covering. ** You can buy one in Breckenridge or ask for one at Beaver Run **
- Hand sanitizer and wipes. We will have sanitizer and wipes on property, but when you venture out to other places in Breck, it's a good idea to have your own supply. ** The Skywalk Deli at Beaver Run has hand sanitizer and wipes. **
- Water Bottle
- And more!
WINTER INFO: If you're visiting in ski season, please check Breckenridge Ski Resort's updated information about operations and the new reservations system
SKI SEASON INFO TOWN OF BRECK INFO
Spring Activities 2020
Here are some recommendations of what to do in Breckenridge. There's still a lot to do - from fat biking to snowshoeing to early-season skiing - even with COVID-19 restrictions.
The most important things to remember are - KNOW BEFORE YOU GO, be safe and have fun.
Skiing & Snowboarding
This is a season like no other. KNOW BEFORE YOU GO and learn about the new reservations system at Breckenridge Ski Resort and the new operating procedures and protocols.
The good news is that we're enjoying a ski season and able to enjoy sliding on snow again! Be safe, wear a facial covering, practice physical distancing and have fun!
- Contact Breckenridge Ski Resort with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Breckenridge Ski Resort website: www.breckenridge.com
- Epic Pass website: www.epicpass.com
Hiking & SnowshoeingBreckenridge offers more than 50 miles of hiking trails and many more trails within a short driving distance. Depending on the ability and goals of your group, hiking can be a leisurely activity or an all-day excursion.
- Families will love a stroll through the woods to visit a wooden troll sculpture. Located at the Steven C. West Ice Rink, close to Beaver Run.
- Check the local Nordic Centers for snowshoe rentals (or cross-country ski rentals) and recommendations for trails.
- For any other questions about winter hiking trails or snowshoeing, contact our Beaver Run concierge (970-453-6000) or the Breckenridge Welcome Center at 877-864-0868 or email@example.com
Fat BikingBreckenridge is one of the meccas of mountain biking - summer, fall, spring or even in the winter - with some of the best trails in the country, most of which are rideable from Beaver Run and from downtown. The area offers something for everyone from beginners to experts and also provides groomed trails that run all the way through town and around Lake Dillon, connecting the Town of Breckenridge with the Town of Frisco and even the towns of Silverthorne and Dillon. The rec path is perfect for winter fat biking and can take groups of riders through the most scenic parts of the county.
For information on where to ride, contact our Beaver Run concierge (970-435-6000) or check out GoBreck's recommendations
For rentals visit Alpine Sports
FishingSummit County is blessed to offer some of the best fishing - year-round - in the area for trout enthusiasts. Beaver Run is conveniently located within a 30-minute drive from many different types of fisheries.
If you're looking for solitude, venture out to one of the many high alpine streams or lakes. The beautiful scenery and bright colors of native cutthroat trout will be sure to make your day worthwhile.
If it's bigger fish that you're after and crowds aren't a big concern, head to the South Platte that flows through neighbboring Park County. It's said that if you can consistently catch trout on the South Platte, you can catch trout anywhere in the world.
Not looking for a drive but looking for 20+" fish hitting your line, check out the Blue River in Silverthorne.
Just remember, the fishing at these popoular tailwaters can be tough! The fish are smart and savvy around here, but keep casting away and you'll have plenty of fish tales, and maybe even a 20" fish that'll make it worth your while. (Remember: Catch & Release and get your fishing license).
Sleigh RidesDash through the snow on a sleigh ride this winter. Make your reservations online - in advance.
Here's more info: https://gobreck.com/seasons/winter-spring/breckenridge-sleigh-rides/
Stroll Down Main Street BreckOne of the most popular activities any time of the year is to simply take a stroll down the historic and beautiful Main Street in Breckenridge. Make sure to wear your mask and maintain at least 6 feet of physical distancing and enjoy window shopping, a hot cocoa and then stop at Blue River Plaza or the Arts District Campus and enjoy the views.
Other ActivitiesDon't forget about the other activities available:
- Breckenridge Recreation Center.
- Ice skating
- Breck Create art classes & activities
- 99 Winter Activities to do in Breck
More InformationContact us for more information or to help plan anything. Our Beaver Run Concierge team is here to help. firstname.lastname@example.org.
SKI SEASON INFO