What To Do in Breck: What's Open
If you're seeking to get away from it all, Breckenridge offers one of the most fun and safe vacation options, located in the serene Colorado Rocky Mountains. With wide open spaces, fresh mountain air and plenty of activities that allow for physical distancing and connecting to nature away from the crowds, Breck is your perfect escape summer, fall, winter or spring.
Beaver Run is COMMITTED TO YOUR SAFETY with enhanced safety, operational and cleaning COVID-19 protocols to welcome you back.
To help you plan your trip, here's an updated list of what's open and what activities and adventures are available in Breckenridge. Please check back often and make sure to check updates from the Town of Breckenridge and Summit County.
LOCAL COVID-19 NEWS WHAT TO KNOW FOR YOUR STAY SKI SEASON INFO
What's Open at Beaver Run
THE SPA AT BEAVER RUN
- The Spa at Beaver Run is open for massage treatments and facials Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. The spa has enhanced safety protocols and procedures to ensure your safety and wellbeing.
WHERE TO EAT AT BEAVER RUN: WHAT'S OPEN
DAILY: The Skywalk Deli at Beaver Run is open for delivery, takeout, pickup of meals, pizza and groceries, as well as beer and wine. 8 am - 8 pm. The outdoor patios are open and there's plenty of seating throughout the resort to enjoy a meal in a safe way.
- 8 am - 8 pm Daily
WEEKEND NIGHTS: The Pub at the Hub is open on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays 3-9 pm serving food and drinks to go
- 3-9 pm Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
- DAILY: The Skywalk Deli at Beaver Run is open for delivery, takeout, pickup of meals, pizza and groceries, as well as beer and wine. 8 am - 8 pm. The outdoor patios are open and there's plenty of seating throughout the resort to enjoy a meal in a safe way.
Here's a list of Amenities at Beaver Run Resort
- Tennis court & pickleball court
Pools and Hot Tubs
- Building 3 pool and hot tubs: 9 am - 9 pm daily
- Building 4 pool and hot tub: 10 am - 9 pm on weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
Fitness center in Building 3
- 6 am - 9 pm daily
- Max occupancy is 10 people
- Guests must clean all equipment before and after use.
The Spa at Beaver Run
- Open Thursday - Monday for massages and facials
- The arcade and indoor miniature golf
- Located in the Lobby (limited hours)
- Many amenities and services will be limited or closed per local public health orders. Please check with us in advance of your stay on what's open. Due to COVID-19 public health orders, this information is constantly changing.
- Spencer's, Base Nine, Coppertop are all closed at Beaver Run
- Beaver Run shuttles (but the Breck Free Ride bus system is running this summer)
- All winter amenities and services are closed for the summer
COMMITTED TO YOUR SAFETY INFO FOR YOUR BEAVER RUN STAY
What's Open in BreckenridgeThe Town of Breckenridge has compiled a list of COVID resources and updates. Here's a list of restaurants, shops, spas and other businesses that are open in the Town of Breckenridge:
WHAT'S OPEN IN TOWN
SKI SEASON INFO
What to Pack
- A mask or facial covering. The Town of Breckenridge requires everyone to wear a mask or facial covering. ** You can buy one in Breckenridge or ask for one at Beaver Run **
- Hand sanitizer and wipes. We will have sanitizer and wipes on property, but when you venture out to other places in Breck, it's a good idea to have your own supply. ** The Skywalk Deli at Beaver Run has hand sanitizer and wipes. **
- Water Bottle
What to Know for Your Stay
- MASKS and facial coverings are REQUIRED in the Town of Breckenridge. You must wear a mask or facial covering anytime you're in a public space or in the core of downtown.
- PARKING in Breckenridge will be limited. Part of Main Street will be closed to create a pedestrian-friendly walkable area.
- RESTAURANT reservations. We highly recommend you make reservations in advance at Breckenridge restaurants in town due to reduced capacity. Restaurants are required to close by 11 pm per the Town of Breckenridge. And, bars that don't serve food are not allowed to be open in the State of Colorado right now.
- TRANSPORTATION: The Breckenridge Freeride Bus system is operating at a reduced capacity. Check here for the routes and schedules. The bus service is FREE (and Beaver Run is on the gray Southside route). NOTE: The Beaver Run resort shuttle is NOT running this summer.
- QUESTIONS: If you have any questions or need anything, contact our guest services team at 970-453-6000. We're happy to help answer any question or help with anything!
WINTER INFO: If you're visiting in ski season, please check Breckenridge Ski Resort's updated information about operations and the new reservations system
SKI SEASON INFO
Fall Activities 2020Fall in Breck offers a lot of safe options for activities and adventures with plenty of physical distancing: Hiking, biking, fly fishing.
Here's a list of our favorite summer activities that are perfect for your COVID-19 vacation to Breckenridge:
WINTER: For winter information, click here.
HikingBreckenridge offers more than 50 miles of hiking trails and many more trails within a short driving distance. Depending on the ability and goals of your group, hiking can be a leisurely activity or an all-day excursion.
Beaver Run is located right on the mountain with two popular hiking trailheads just steps from the property:
- For a leisurely outing, hop on the Select 10 trail which leads to a secluded reservoir on Peak 8
- For a more adventurous excursion, try the Burro Trail which connects to the Mohawk Lakes Trail. As the name implies, the Mohawk Lakes trail ends at the shores of two high alpine lake and provides breathtaking, panoramic views of Breckenridge and the Blue River Valley.
- Families will love a stroll through the woods to visit a wooden troll sculpture. Located at the Steven C. West Ice Rink, close to Beaver Run.
BikingBreckenridge is one of the meccas of mountain biking with some of the best trails in the country, most of which are rideable from Beaver Run and from downtown. The area offers something for everyone from beginners to experts and also provides a paved recreation bike path that runs all the way through town and around Lake Dillon, connecting the Town of Breckenridge with the Town of Frisco and even the towns of Silverthorne and Dillon. This path is perfect for road biking and can take groups of riders through the most scenic parts of the county.
For information on where to ride, contact our Beaver Run concierge (970-435-6000) or check out GoBreck's recommendations
For rentals visit Alpine Sports
FishingSummit County is blessed to offer some of the best fishing in the area for trout enthusiasts. Beaver Run is conveniently located within a 30-minute drive from many different types of fisheries.
If you're looking for solitude, venture out to one of the many high alpine streams or lakes. The beautiful scenery and bright colors of native cutthroat trout will be sure to make your day worthwhile.
If it's bigger fish that you're after and crowds aren't a big concern, head to the South Platte that flows through neighbboring Park County. It's said that if you can consistently catch trout on the South Platte, you can catch trout anywhere in the world.
Not looking for a drive but looking for 20+" fish hitting your line, check out the Blue River in Silverthorne.
Just remember, the fishing at these popoular tailwaters can be tough! The fish are smart and savvy around here, but keep casting away and you'll have plenty of fish tales, and maybe even a 20" fish that'll make it worth your while. (Remember: Catch & Release and get your fishing license).
Horse Back RidingHorseback riding is available right here at the Breckenridge Stables! Also located off of Peak 9, Breckenridge Stables gives guests the opportunity to horseback on some of the most beautiful trails in the state.
RaftingOne of the most popular activities in Colorado is open for the summer (and oftentimes fall) season - rafting companies are accepting reservations and offering private group trips this summer.
The water levels are prime-time.
Performance Tours is a company that's accepting reservations for private groups. Please reach out to them for more details.
Boat RentalsThe Frisco marina is open.Head over to the Frisco Marina and rent a pontoon, kayak or canoe.
Stroll Down Main Street BreckOne of the most popular activities any time of the year is to simply take a stroll down the historic and beautiful Main Street in Breckenridge. Make sure to wear your mask and maintain at least 6 feet of physical distancing and enjoy window shopping, an ice cream cone from Higgles Ice Cream Shop or a to-go picnic from one of the local restaurants and then stop at Blue River Plaza or the Arts District Campus and enjoy the views.
This fall through Sept. 27, The Town of Breckenridge is closing a portion of Main Street for a "walkable Main Street" pedestrian-only experience to allow for more physical distancing and safer shopping and dining.
Other ActivitiesDon't forget about the other activities available:
- The award-winning Jack Nicklaus 27-hole golf course in the Town of Breckenridge
- The outdoor tennis courts and pickleball at Carter Park.
- Breckenridge Recreation Center.
More InformationContact us for more information or to help plan anything. Our Beaver Run Concierge team is here to help. 800-525-2253
SKI SEASON INFO